This cocktail mixes tangy citrus with sweet mango, floral St. Germain, and spicy Serrano-infused tequila.
- 1.5 oz Serrano-infused silver tequila
- 3/4 oz St Germain
- 2/3 oz lime juice
- 2 oz mango nectar
- Fill to the brim with crushed ice
- Garnished with a Serrano pepper, a lime wedge, and a mango sliver
Serrano-Infused Tequila How-To:
- Wash and dry 4-5 fresh Serrano peppers.
- Cut them lengthwise into four slices and remove the stem and seeds (I recommend wearing gloves during this process– these peppers are no joke and they will burn your skin like crazy).
- Place the Serrano slices in a mason jar and fill with approximately 16 oz of silver tequila (I used Milagro) and shut the jar tightly.
- If you’d like only a hint of spice, leave the pepper slices in your tequila for only 4-6 hours. If you like more of a kick, leave them for longer (for fruit forward cocktails like this one, I recommend leaving them in for a minimum of 8 hours in order to cut through the citrus and heavy mango flavors). I left the slices in for roughly 12 hours. Feel free to taste the infused tequila throughout this process to see if you’ve gotten the mixture to the right level for you.
- When the tequila is spicy enough for you, remove the slices and you’re all set.